Thursday 18 October 2012

Anniversary fun

Mum and Dad, (Nick and Pam for those who don't know them) are coming up to their 2nd wedding anniversary and once again, I've been handed over to the Parry household for a long weekend.  Yep - anniversary's are that time to get all mushy and romantic, box of chocolates, bottle of bubbly, weekend away, a bit of nooky without the kids and the pets around - what makes them think I want to watch all that anyway.  But some chocolates ............ummmmmm

Anyhow, I'm more that happy to be checking out the new Parry pad up in Glencoe.  Headed here last night.  Mum and Dad have this new thing of drugging me before I head into the car - personally I think a double scotch would be better, but what the hell sort of tablets they gave me last night I can not imagine.  For nearly 3 hours I must have been dreaming the worst of doggy dreams, the rain was teaming down, Ann was driving on the wrong side of the canal all the way at only about 30 knots - oh hang on a minute, perhaps that's because the weather was so awful, and the roads were flooded most of the way.  I know she should have taken the landie, or a boat.

But we got here safe, and up early this morning for a mighty fine walk - up through the forest, around the lochan and not a single duck chase - I can sometimes be good !!!!

The autumnal colours are superb - I think I may have to do a runner so Ann can't take me back on Sunday
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment