Thursday 28 October 2010

Holiday - what holiday


I've been scratching my head today trying to work out how being away on holiday can be so tiring.  I thought I was going to be able to put my paws up for a couple of weeks, but Ann and Dan are having none of it.  It's like I'm on a training camp !!!!!  But to be fair - I'm loving all the attention.

so today started with a fabulous walk over onto Crammond Island



The tide was on it's way out, but only just - in a couple of places we had to paddle through water to get over - this made it all the more exciting.


Once over, we walked to the top of the hill - look at the views - that's the mainland over there, and you can see the causeway over

And turn around,look west, and there's the Forth road bridge - I may have to walk over there some day



At the far end of the island, there's the old gun implacements.  Ack ack ack - fire in the hold - reminds me of Nam




on the way back - the crows were abundant - but I still haven't worked out how to pluck them out of the air - one day, one day


later in the day Dan was pruning the trees - I helped of course (or was I a hindrence ?)


1 comment:

  1. I haven't even been to Crammond island! Looks like you're having a great time Archie. We're missing you loads, not sure you even remeber us :(

    ReplyDelete